Washington, D.C., June 14, 2022 – The Satellite Industry Association (SIA) today announced that space sector staffing company EVONA is the newest affiliate member of SIA. Founded in 2018, EVONA focuses on expanding staffing and recruiting services to global markets with an emphasis on the US space industry. The Company’s mission is to further the progress of today’s space industry by preparing and sourcing talented members of the space workforce, identifying transferrable skills from outside the sector and championing STEM careers to future generations
“On behalf of SIA, I am pleased to announce that global space recruitment company EVONA is the newest affiliate member of the Association,” said Tom Stroup, president of the Satellite Industry Association. “The commercial satellite industry continues to grow at an unprecedented rate. In order to sustain that growth, it is imperative that the industry continues to recruit the highly specialized human resources needed to staff the growing numbers of companies entering the commercial space industry. EVONA’s specialized space industry recruitment expertise makes them an ideal member of the Association and we are pleased to welcome them to SIA.”
“The space sector is seeing unprecedented growth and EVONA have a clear role in delivering on workforce objectives. We know the challenge facing space companies as they scale and are delighted to join the SIA who have always been an important voice of advocacy for the satellite industry.” said Richard Joyce, Co-founder of EVONA
Affiliate membership in SIA is open to satellite companies as well as supporting entities that advocate and promote the domestic commercial satellite industry. SIA Affiliate Members receive a number of benefits including attendance at SIA’s Annual Association Meeting, participation in all open SIA meetings and most events (excluding the SIA Leadership Dinner) and SIA Member discounts to industry events. For further details regarding membership in SIA, please see the following link: https://sia.org/membership/membership-applications/.
- EVONA (evona.com) was born when four passionate recruitment specialists teamed up to apply their skills to improve the long-term prospects of the international space industry. Set up in 2018 by Tom Kelly, Jack Madley, Ryan Hill and Richard Joyce, our co-founders represent more than 40 combined years of recruitment experience and 30+ years of recruiting for the space sector.
- EVONA provides staffing solutions for space companies of all sizes, and places employees in a range of roles from contract to permanent and C-level positions. For job-seekers around the globe, EVONA is a portal through which the most exciting space sector careers can be accessed.
- Now at 50 + heads, we use our expertise to match amazing abilities to incredible opportunities in the space sector. The result is that we’re one of the fastest growing space sector recruiters in the world.
- EVONA’s mission is to demystify the space sector so everyone feels they can have a successful career in one of the most exciting industries in the universe
- Every member of EVONA is a STEM ambassador which means we dedicate or free time to advancing the importance of STEM initiatives amongst the younger generations.
- EVONA won New Business of the Year from Lloyds Bank British Business Excellent Awards in Nov 2021
- For further information or images please contact Adele Fox – Head of Marketing EVONA on email@example.com (+44) 7989 691 486
About The Satellite Industry Association
SIA is a U.S.-based trade association providing representation of the leading satellite operators, service providers, manufacturers, launch services providers, and ground equipment suppliers. For more than two decades, SIA has advocated on behalf of the U.S. satellite industry on policy, regulatory, and legislative issues affecting the satellite business. For more information, visit www.sia.org.
SIA Executive Members include: Amazon; The Boeing Company; DIRECTV; EchoStar Corporation; HawkEye 360; Intelsat S.A.; Iridium Communications Inc.; Kratos Defense & Security Solutions; Ligado Networks; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Northrop Grumman; OneWeb; Planet; SES Americom, Inc.; Space Exploration Technologies Corp.; Spire Global Inc.; and Viasat Inc. SIA Associate Members include: ABS US Corp.; The Aerospace Corporation; Artel, LLC; AST & Science; Astranis Space Technologies Corp.; Aurora Insight; Blue Origin; Comtech; Eutelsat America Corp.; ExoAnalytic Solutions; Hughes; Inmarsat, Inc.; Kymeta Corporation; Leonardo DRS; Lynk; Omnispace; OneWeb Technologies; Ovzon; Panasonic Avionics Corporation; Peraton; SpaceLink; Telesat Canada; ULA; UltiSat and XTAR, LLC. SIA Affiliate Members include: ARA; COMSAT; Davis Wright Tremaine; Envistacom, LLC; EVONA; Genus Group; Hogan Lovells; Integrasys LLC; Kencast; Keysight Technologies, Inc.; Media Broadcast Satellite; Orange Business Services; Orbital Research; Plexus Corp; Sheppard Mullin; Skylo Technologies and Wiley